Maintenance Technician Location: Louisville, KY Shift: The shift is B Crew which is Tuesday - Friday. 6:00pm - 4:30am or later if the line is still running.Summary:The position will provide a wide variety of general building and equipment maintenance repairs and services for Production. This includes all preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance requirements.Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect, maintain, and repair equipment.
- Perform and follow through on regular, preventative, and predictive maintenance of equipment.
- Light Fabrication of miscellaneous items for the production shop floor (i.e., holding fixtures, brackets and material handling items)
- Repair work includes basic painting, simple carpentry, routine plumbing repairs and routine or special facility maintenance functions.
- Receive work orders and schedule own assignments.
- Effectively multitask and prioritize work.
- Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards and report then to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
- May be required to work overtime in emergency situations or when it would be advantageous to perform task at a time other than regular hours.
- All PLC controls and communications functions, including trouble shooting, program editing and repairs.
- Troubleshooting and repairs of Vision Inspection Systems
- Troubleshooting and repairs of DC Torque Control Systems
- Interface with Production IT department to ensure smooth system performance and enhancements.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot secondary high and low voltage electrical systems.
- Provide assistance to mechanical installations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience:Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or six or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.language skills:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.Mathematical Skills:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and repair
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and experience to identify and correct mechanical malfunctions
- Proficient in electrical repair and machinery installation
- Proficient with High Voltage Electrical Safety and associated Arc Flash requirements
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and plumbing
- Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the work place and display proper judgment in responding to them
- Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, vendor manuals, technical data and work orders
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to perform tasks or functions completely with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a team oriented environment
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor
- Complete understanding of Plant electrical systems, including DC Voltage and AC Voltage 24 V to 480 V.
- Proficiency in electrical installations with conduit and wiring practices.
- Experience using sensing and control devices
- Support follow and support the Lock Out /Tag Out program.
- Proficient with PLC troubleshooting, programming and communications using the following software; RS Loqix 500 & RS Loqix 5000, RS View & RS Panelbuilder
- Proficient with Vision System troubleshooting, programming and communications using the following software; Cognex Insite Explorer, Cognex and may include others depending on equipment
- Experience with standard office computing systems including Word, Office, Excel, and internet browsers
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required. The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
your application has been submitted