Support and maintain internal fixed asset and cost management systems, policies, and procedures at NSNA Ohio. Collaborate with NSNA Ohio Purchasing, NSNA Ohio Product Data Management, NSNA Ohio Engineering, NSNA Ohio Production Management, and NSNA Troy Business Development to fully understand and communicate all aspects of standard and actual cost. Support the development of annual labor and overhead rates and the monthly analysis of actual versus budget. Communicate with NSNA Ohio Department Management to track Capital spend and ensure timeliness of the capitalization of assets. Oversee an annual fixed asset physical, summarizing results, gaining approvals, and making necessary adjustments. Assist in creating the annual materials budget, the preparation of monthly material forecast, and the monitoring of monthly operating margin results for fluctuations to expectations, communicating financial impact of significant price/cost fluctuations. Oversee month-end close process for cost accounting and fixed asset management, including variance analysis, depreciation posting, and balance sheet reconciliations. Facilitates the preparation of all quarterly inventory reserve analysis estimates (Excess & Obsolete, LCM, Variance Capitalization), as well as key information for quarterly IFRS reporting. Major Duties/Responsibilities Top duties or activities in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Fixed Asset Management: Manage the entire fixed asset process from beginning to end. This includes creating the CIP project in Plex (ERP system), following up with responsible parties to ensure timely capitalization of assets, adding assets in PLEX, monthly depreciation posting and reconciliations, quarterly roll forwards, and asset disposals as needed. Oversee an annual fixed asset physical, collecting and summarizing counts, identifying discrepancies, and gaining approvals for asset disposal. Works closely with Engineering department on timing of in service dates and to get proper documentation to set up assets.
- Plex Standard Cost Maintenance: Oversee all aspects of the Plex cost accounting module, ensuring inventory is properly valued and all transactional inventory movements are accurately and timely recorded to produce reliable financial statements. Weekly reviews of purchase price variance, inventory revaluation, gross margin detail, and standard cost activity to in order to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner. Works closely with Purchasing and Product Data Management to understand significant purchase price variance and inventory revaluation financial impact. Support the annual calculation of labor and overhead rates as well as perform monthly analysis of labor and overhead variances.
- Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis: Prepares monthly operating margin analysis report, gaining understanding of individual program material/price variance by working with NSNA Ohio Purchasing and NSNA Troy Business Development. Responsible for various sections of quarterly IFRS reporting, including compiling and summarizing Related Party transactions, Capital Spend, and Fixed Asset Roll Forward.
- Other Projects and NSII Accounting Team assistance as needed: Acts as back-up and support for critical areas of the NSII accounting department including the preparation of the monthly forecast and annual budget, preparation of NSII government reports, preparation and filing of Sales & Use Tax and Commercial Activity Tax. Additional NSII Management requests as needed.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required and/or preferred level of education, knowledge and skills that are necessary. Education
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Related Experience
- Experience demonstrating effective leadership, directly or indirectly, for multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- 5 years or more experience in fixed asset management, cost planning, and/or financial planning at a tier one automotive supplier.
- 3 years or more manufacturing experience.
- Strong cross-departmental communications skills.
- Experience conveying information clear and concise to a management level audience.
- Experience using Plex or another ERP system.
- Experience with an international organization, Japanese and/or Mexico experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Special Training or CompetencyObservation, understanding, and execution of applicable company ISO/TS/IATF certification standards related to the role and impact on the overall organization. NSI Competencies
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Job Location (Additional work locations): Sabina, OH
your application has been submitted