Job Description If you are an experienced Material Planner looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Material Planner. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Material Planner Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Material Planner will include:
- Compensation (Range): 33-36 / hour:
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating timely deliveries of purchased components by releasing orders generated by the MRP/Buyers/Supplier Schedules to the suppliers.
- Provide support to the manufacturing floor by creating, scheduling and managing orders generated by the MRP.
- Schedule and coordinate the flow of work within or between departments in manufacturing and between plants to expedite production and material flow.
- Establish priorities for specific customer orders, and revise schedule according to work order specifications, and availability or capability of employees, parts, materials, machines and equipment.
- Plan and allocate materials based on prescribed methodology and provide timely delivery to customers.
- Ensure that materials, supplies and services are provided by supplier in support of internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop and implement best practices, policies, and procedures, and select alternative methods where appropriate to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through service, productivity, and cycle time reduction goals.
- Drive part deliveries to minimize part shortages while supporting JIT philosophy.
- Provide supplier forecasting information from forecast/schedules where required.
- Manage and maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP) parameters to meet inventory strategy.
- Analyze inventory levels and meet DOH objectives.
- Actively support timely disposition of deviated materials and return-to-vendor of defective parts
- Assist with cycle count, inventory adjustments, and root cause analysis to prevent inventory errors
- Manage costs by understanding changeover effects and planning accordingly, balancing inventory costs with (lack of) manufacturing flexibility.
- Manage or support supplier performance improvement objectives primarily around delivery or quality expectations.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and actively seek continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts
- Participate in Annual Physical Inventory
- Maintain and report out assigned metrics such as Work Order On Time to Release (OTR), On Time Delivery (OTD), Aged Work In Progress (WIP), etc.
- Interface with Program Personnel for all programs to support new product development activities as required.
Material Planner Job Requirements As a Material Planner you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience through internships or assignments in a manufacturing setting
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials planning and inventory control processes.
- Thorough knowledge of material planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operations concept surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to material management.
- Good PC skills
- Intermediate level of MS Excel
Material Planner BenefitsAs a Material Planner with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Material Planner Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords: INDCECA1
your application has been submitted