Job Description If you are an experienced Fiber Construction Manager looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Fiber Construction Manager. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Fiber Construction Manager Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Fiber Construction Manager will include:
- Compensation (Range): 45 / hour: Salary:
- This position may be based in either the West Palm Beach FL or Plantation, FL location
- Position requires experience with outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to client and internal specification on time and within budget.
- Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
- Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget. Conduct initial constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
- Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid project to subcontractors. Manage development of permit and construction plans
- Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials
- Oversee site construction managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements. Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
- Attend company and client status meetings.
- Provides communication on milestones on time delivery and general updates to leadership and project management/service delivery resources within the Client organization.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as Client safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Client safety program and related workmanship practices.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure Client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Client construction standards processes and procedures.
Fiber Construction Manager Job Requirements As a Fiber Construction Manager you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- A valid driver's license required
- 1 to 3 years construction experience 1 to 3 years direct telecommunications experience with three 3 years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques aerial underground preferred
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests RF Sweep test OTDR Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation PIM testing preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC NEC and OSHA standards preferred Other Skills/Abilities Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE or equivalent work experience Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel Visio Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
- PMP certification a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety integrity and continual professional development
Fiber Construction Manager BenefitsAs a Fiber Construction Manager with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Fiber Construction Manager Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords: INDCC1
your application has been submitted