If you are an experienced Systems Engineer with experience on (air intake system/internal combustion engine/Hybrid EV) and are looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm, and our clients include some over the nation's biggest companies.This is a 12-month contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies.If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!Systems Engineer Associate (air intake system/internal combustion engine/Hybrid EV) Min 12 Months Contract (Long-term Contract) Windsor ON RATE
- Competitive hourly rate
- Guaranteed min 40 hours in a week
- Over time is available on every hour after 44 hours in a week at 1.5 times the regular hourly rate
- Windsor, N8W 5B5
- Fully Remote from anywhere in Ontario
- Preferred to be in Windsor ON
TRAVELLING FOR MEETINGS
- You may need to travel to Michigan, US for meetings
- Must have an existing valid US travel status.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Must have your own vehicle.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Design, develop, validate, and release air intake system components for internal combustion engine and hybrid electrified vehicles.
- Components include various types of low-pressure side clean and dirty side ducts, air cleaners, make-up air hoses, and other related items including resonators, air filters, and brackets.
- Components will be developed using best practices and methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R).
- Candidate will be responsible for a set of air intake system components potentially any/all stages of vehicle development.
- This includes early packaging, development and execution of components to meet air intake system functional objectives.
- Activities include coordinating CAE, CAD design, prototyping, and testing - as well as the documentation of those activities.
- Depending on program, engineer may be required to support sourcing activities and/or once a supplier is sourced, coordinate and track supplier progress to ensure part maturity and milestones are met.
- Engineer also expected to support vehicle assembly and vehicle testing to resolve any issues related to air intake systems.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting quality concerns, process change validation, and technical cost reductions after vehicle launch.
REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program * 3+ years of related experience required. * Working knowledge of air intake systems and components * Ability to proactively communicate with others - including teammates, stakeholders and supervisor * Ability to effectively operate independently in a remote or hybrid office/remote workplace * General knowledge of CAD design * General knowledge of spreadsheets and building presentations * Ability to create and apply component and system DFMEAs and DVP&Rs * Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills * Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers * Must be able to manage multiple concurrent activitiesPREFERRED REQUIREMENTS * 2 years or more experience with air intake systems and related engine or vehicle level testing and data acquisition * Experience with plastics manufacturing processes - especially injection and blow-molding technologies * Knowledge of automotive OEM'S systems and processes * Green belt or equivalent experience in DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) proactive and/or reactive quality tools * Familiarity with powertrain software and controls * Working knowledge of UG/NX CAD systemsWhen you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates that are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.Our client is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, our client will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.IND_CA_2
your application has been submitted