Job Description If you are an experienced Procurement Specialist looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Procurement Specialist. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Procurement Specialist Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Procurement Specialist will include:
- Procurement Specialist
- Atlanta, GA -Onsite
- The Procurement Specialist is responsible for completing required project assignments and work tasks. The focus will be on procurement processes, supporting production planning execution, and other supply chain activities. Throughout the assignment, there will be a heavy emphasis placed on safety, teamwork, and process improvements.
- Issue, update, and monitor purchase orders to ensure accurate data and reporting.
- Communicate with vendors using email and phone to request delivery dates and current pricing.
- Resolve supply and delivery issues with suppliers by proactively finding solutions and stressing urgency of deliveries to keep projects on schedule.
- Monitor Purchasing group mailbox to capture data and transfer to ERP tool.
- Interfacing with multiple departments within Westrock (Receiving, Performance Excellence, Engineering, Production, and Accounts Payable) to complete work tasks and projects
- Document and Update Job Related Work Processes and Procedures
- Send large component quote packages out for bid to multiple suppliers. Receive, manage, and organize returned information.
Procurement Specialist Job Requirements As a Procurement Specialist you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 3-years of related experience in RFQ processes - vendor competitive bidding
- 3-5 years purchasing or procurement,
- Customer service experience in terms of both internal and external customers
- Teaming and collaboration skills
- Experience with ERP systems like JDE or SAP in material management or production planning
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite (Microsoft 365 including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication
- Willingness to call suppliers outside the organization with sense of urgency and assertiveness
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to read, interpret, and understand Mechanical Technical Drawings
- Some understanding of part fabrication processes - Milling, Lathe, and Laser Sheetmetal fabrication
Procurement Specialist BenefitsAs a Procurement Specialist with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Procurement Specialist Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords: INDOTH1
your application has been submitted