Job Description If you are an experienced Asset Specialist - Fiber looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Asset Specialist - Fiber. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Asset Specialist - Fiber Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Asset Specialist - Fiber will include:
- Hybrid with Monday thru Thursday in the office Friday is an optional WFH day. Open to candidates in either location: Houston TX Doral FL Plantation FL or West Palm Beach FL.
- This position is responsible for the implementation and quality of fiber asset data and monitors all proposed changes to fiber assets.
- Works closely with engineering construction operations personnel 811 Services team sales and product development to ensure database accuracy maintain data quality register conduit and support other departments to meet company objectives.
- Analyzes manages and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Essential Job Functions bull Review fiber construction engineering drawings and maintenance/inspection data to identify changes to database models and maps.
- Enter and manipulate data in Geographic Information System GIS applications which model telecommunications outside plant fiber optic systems as needed.
- Work closely with fiber engineers field operations personnel and others to QC fiber data and ensure asset integrity resolve data conflicts register conduit and update GIS database bull Coordinate solutions in accordance with 811 fiber utility policies standards and procedures to maintain compliance and maximize asset yield.
- Research analyze and respond to regulatory compliance and audits with a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with utilities external and internal customers.
- Provide guidance and training for business partners on effective and efficient use the Fiber Management Tool.
- Respond to Fiber Tool issues escalating issues to the Fiber Asset Manager and providing assistance to users with Tool issues.
- Test automation and integration opportunities for the Fiber Tool and related systems and processes including the ongoing effort to continuously enhance the use of the Fiber Tool as the assets system of record.
- Develop reporting requirements and create reports of Fiber data for various departments monthly/quarterly/annual needs and provide ad hoc reports as requested.
- Work with the Fiber Asset Manager to implement and enforce asset management policies standards and procedures.
- Promptly respond to assigned tickets and work orders to ensure accurate data in the systems and provide maps and information as needed bull Perform other duties as assigned or required
Asset Specialist - Fiber Job Requirements As a Asset Specialist - Fiber you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- GIS data entry and record compliancy.
- CAD redlining and engineer drawing experience is a plus.
- Fiber ensures the compliance integrity and readiness of fiber assets Hubs Panels Splices Slacks Fiber Conduit Nodes Circuits etc. and ensures that fiber management policies standards and procedures are properly implemented and followed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree or certification in GIS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum one 1 years of professional level experience editing updating GIS data from engineering designs CAD files redlines mark ups.
- Minimum one 1 year of experience reading engineering design as-built and redline drawings.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Outlook PowerPoint Excel Word Visio Microsoft SharePoint and ability to quickly learn new systems processes and procedures
Asset Specialist - Fiber BenefitsAs a Asset Specialist - Fiber with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Asset Specialist - Fiber Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now!
your application has been submitted