Job DescriptionCompensation (Range): $68 / hour If you are an experienced Sr. Project Cost Analyst looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm, and our clients include some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Sr. Project Cost Analyst. This is a contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Sr. Project Cost Analyst Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Sr. Project Cost Analyst will include:
- This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- Workers at this level are responsible for performing complex aspects of project forecasting, cost alignment to schedules, development of average unit costs, cost analysis, variance analysis, budgeting, basic accounting principles, trending and burn rates, change control and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level with minimal supervision.
- Workers are expected to have advanced skills and the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- This position must be fully competent in the application of project controls principles and procedures.
- They must be very familiar with financial and accounting principles in addition to project methodology.
- They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
- This position must be adept at picking up and using unfamiliar software and able to work with large and complex data files.
- Advanced to expert level of experience in Excel is required for this role.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as "Green " or "Brown" per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix, or may manage multiple smaller (i.e. "White") projects.
- A proven ability to consistently forecast accurately and monetize risks while meeting tight deadlines is necessary for success in this role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a matrix working environment and with multiple levels of leadership are critical for this individual's success.
- Experience working in a PMO environment, on a project controls team or in a project management working environment is required.
- Exposure to energy-related projects not required but a plus.
Sr. Project Cost Analyst Job Requirements As a Sr. Project Cost Analyst, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in project controls principles.
- Proficiency / Expertise with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; strong collaborative team member.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Demonstrated expertise in using Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Access, Powerplant, Maximo or EAM, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
- Expert in user of Excel
- Prior utility experience
Sr. Project Cost Analyst BenefitsAs a Sr. Project Cost Analyst with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We provide our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment, and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Sr. Project Cost Analyst Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords: project controls, cost analyst, variance, budgeting, GAAP, Excel, utility
your application has been submitted