Job DescriptionCompensation (Range): 40-48 / hour If you are an experienced Fiber Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm, and our clients include some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Fiber Engineer. This is a contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you! Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Fiber Engineer Job Responsibilities Your specific duties as a Fiber Engineer will include:
- Attend Kick-Off meetings if new backbone, lateral, and / or riser fiber is required.
- Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
- Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
- Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only.
- Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
- Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
- Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing & end/end testing.
- Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
- Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
- Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
- Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR's & test shots for closeout.
- After completion close out tasks in CRM.
- Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
Fiber Engineer Job Requirements As a Fiber Engineer, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- BS/BA (preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees) or equivalent work experience preferred
- One (1)+ years of fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent and one (1)+ years of field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Preference given to candidates who also have small cell wireless node engineering experience - wood/metal poles in the right of way.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
- PMP certification a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development a
Fiber Engineer BenefitsAs a Fiber Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We provide our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment, and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits. Available benefits for Fiber Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords: OSP, Netcracker, Excel, Fiber
your application has been submitted