If you are an experienced Vehicle Cost Engineering looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm, and our clients include some over the nation's biggest companies.This is a 12-month contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies.If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!Vehicle Cost Engineer Min 12 Months Contract (Long-term Project / On-Going Needs) Anywhere from Ontario - Fully RemoteRATE
- Competitive hourly rate
- Guaranteed min 40 hours in a week
- Over time is available on every hour after 44 hours in a week at 1.5 times the regular hourly rate
- Although this is a remote role.
- Candidates are PREFERRED to be in Windsor, however, can operate anywhere from Ontario.
- The VCE is the cost lead for the vehicle program.
- They are responsible for managing the process of development/consensus for vehicle-level targets for technical cost and investment to support the vehicle overall business case development at the program level.
- The VCE works with the multiple cross functional organizations.
- They must be a process thinker with the ability to lead change and resolve conflicts.
- The VCE relies on the System Cost engineer's (SCE's- responsible for component level cost and investment evaluation) for the component cost data.
- The VCE needs to be able to assimilate large amounts of cost data, condense this data for vehicle level reporting to upper management and manage the over-all cost roll-up timeline.
- The VCE works closely with the vehicle Model Responsible and is accountable for the vehicle checkbook (component cost and investment) and the related change management throughout the lifecycle of a program.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university or Bachelor Degree in Finance. Other educational credentials combined with relevant experience, may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive industry experience at an OEM or large tier 1 to include one or more of the following areas:
- Engineering Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
- Vehicle Program Management (Technical or Financial), including leading a cross functional team
- Engineering Design & Development
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management.
- Ability to productively manage change.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Engineering vehicle cost analysis experience.
- Familiarity with finance terminology.
- Experience using financial management systems (Fastcar2 is preferred).
- Tooling and variable cost estimating.
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates that are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.Our client is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, our client will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.IND_CA_2
your application has been submitted