3rd Shift Safety Professional, East Moline, ILBartech has an excellent contract opportunity with John Deere client for a 3rd Shift Safety Professional. This role will be 60% spent on the floor putting out fires, making safety observations, conducting incident investigations, interviewing employees, and training of individuals on safety procedures.. Additionally, this role will:Job Description
- Entry level position into the safety profession.
- Understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge of those principles to comply with regulatory agency and company standards for injury and illness reporting requirements necessary to document incidents. Works with employees and assists supervisors and others on injury prevention by identifying and correcting potential safety and health hazards as well as identifying unsafe actions in order to eliminate on the job injuries and illnesses.
- Assists in developing recommendations for safety processes/programs to attain and sustain a hazard free workplace.
- This includes design and evaluation of components to monitor effectiveness.
- Conducts audits to verify compliance to required regulations and company policies and then assures management is aware of items identified for proper and corrective actions.
- Develops directs and may conduct safety presentations and training.
- Analyzes appropriate Environmental Health Safety EHS functional reporting metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews new products equipment processes and facilities for potential hazards and compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards making recommendations if necessary prior to introduction.
- Communicates and works with safety equipment suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong safety background
- Safety Degree and/or very strong manufacturing safety experience
- MS Office suite
- CSP accrediation preferred
- Metatarsals for first day
For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing while providing services to John Deere, who is looking for people who are eligible to work in the US and can start immediately. Bartech is an established and trusted staffing partner to our client companies. We provide our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Sounds Interesting? Apply today! INDJD1 Keywords (2-5)*: safety, manufacturing, OSHA, EHS
your application has been submitted